New house

I'm considering buying a bigger house to accommodate Shirley, as I think she'll outgrow her enclosure in a couple of years (certainly her indoor one) and I haven't room for a bigger one in my current house. Is this extreme behaviour?

I've raised the issue of moving with the wife, although haven't told her that my concern for Shirley is driving it!

AnimalLady

LOL! This made me laugh.

It might be a little extreme, but who cares? Just dont mention it till you move! Ha!

Having joked about this a couple of years ago, it is now happening and we are moving house. There will be a lot more room for me to build new indoor and outdoor enclosures (which I quite enjoy doing, it's good fun).

However, I do have a couple of questions for anyone who has moved with a tortoise before:

How did you move your tortoise? Shoe box? Any other tips?

Also it will take me some time to plan and build a new outdoor enclosure (which I'm sure I will consult separately on in time). In the meantime, is it okay to set up a temporary outdoor contraption on a piece of lawn? I know this isn't ideal for a permanent home, but is it actually bad for a temporary home for a few weeks?

We can obviously take the indoor one with us so what to do indoors is not so urgent.

(Shirley is a three year old Herman and lives in the south of England. She seems very healthy and happy with her life but I think will outgrow her enclosures soon).