New home

Kasia

Location (City and/or State)
Poland
Hi all

I just move to a new house with my two torts - Russian and a Leopard. Russian seems a ok but Nini the leopard one has issues. He stays in his hide all the time and eats just a bit (house still in renovation - drilling, painting and other stuff going on). Torts are in one room that is already done (separated from the dirt and dust but not the noise). I encouraged Nini with leave of radicchio (his treat) to come out but he was not willing. Today I took him out for a walk in the grass - he was active and afterwards eat a bit but again went into his hide. I think all the noise and smell makes him stressed - do You have similar experience??? What may help?
Forgot to mention - his in the same enclosure (rocks, drinking and eating dish, same hide just fresh substrate)

Thanks in advance :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Tortoises frequently take a long time to adapt to change. Some sale through as if nothing had happened, but many take fright and can days, weeks or even months to adjust.

Go back to basics. Get a routine of soaking and feeding going so your tort knows what to expect and when and hopefully things will rapidly improve. If you can, move the enclosure to wherever there is least noise.

Kasia

Poland
Tortoises frequently take a long time to adapt to change. Some sale through as if nothing had happened, but many take fright and can days, weeks or even months to adjust.

Go back to basics. Get a routine of soaking and feeding going so your tort knows what to expect and when and hopefully things will rapidly improve. If you can, move the enclosure to wherever there is least noise.

Thanks, I am on it right now. Today I came back home from work and found Nini's plate empty :) Hope he will be fine in couple of days. It's really amazing how he knew that something is going on. Two days before the move he started to get more quiet and invisible if you know what I mean :) Like he was expecting something to happen. Drilling is ending this week so he will get some peace.