New here

Iris camacho

Location (City and/or State)
Los Ángeles
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1503123814.165206.jpg

Hello I have recently adopted this two red foots and I haven't quite learned how to post (idk why) but I feel as if these two are unhealthy due to the way they look? Hopefully I'm wrong because I will start to panic. I live in Los Angeles, CA and I keep these two outdoors .. please answer I'm freaking out !

Btw they were kept in a really bad place and it was just horrible there was two more but I only was able to get my hands on these and give them the love they need

Bee62

Germany
View attachment 215943

Hello I have recently adopted this two red foots and I haven't quite learned how to post (idk why) but I feel as if these two are unhealthy due to the way they look? Hopefully I'm wrong because I will start to panic. I live in Los Angeles, CA and I keep these two outdoors .. please answer I'm freaking out !

Btw they were kept in a really bad place and it was just horrible there was two more but I only was able to get my hands on these and give them the love they need

Hello and a very warm welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. Here you will get the newest informations about tortoises.
Your Redfoot tortoises look great on the pic, but can you show us some more pics of them and pics of their enclosure ?
How old are they and how they were kept before you got them ?
@ZEROPILOT can tell you all about Redfoot tortoises. I think he will appear soon.
Please keep us updated with your beautiful torts.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
View attachment 215943

Hello, Iris, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum, and, indeed to the Cold Dark Room ! :)
They look fine to me, but the reason they look so different to other Redfoots is because they're not.
I'm pretty sure those are box turtles of some variety, forgive me but I'm not so well up on indigenous American species, I think Eastern box turtles anyone ?
Hopefully someone with more knowledge and experience of these beautiful animals will chip in soon.
Have a read of http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
and http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/box-turtle-care-sheet.93937/
for now.
To post a new thread go to the page you want, such as Introductions or http://www.tortoiseforum.org/forums/american-box-turtles.98/
and then click on the green ' POST NEW THREAD' icon top right of the screen.
Then put in the title, then your message in the box below and finally, when done click on the green, ' CREATE NEW THREAD' box at the bottom of the page. Sorry I cannot be of more help, but this is a species I know little about, if, that is, I'm even right about that !
Good luck!
Adam.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello and a very warm welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. Here you will get the newest informations about tortoises.
Your Redfoot tortoises look great on the pic, but can you show us some more pics of them and pics of their enclosure ?
How old are they and how they were kept before you got them ?
@ZEROPILOT can tell you all about Redfoot tortoises. I think he will appear soon.
Please keep us updated with your beautiful torts.
Hmmmmmm.
Not redfoots, i'm afraid.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco