new here need help I think she's sick

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
Better and better, Hurray. I would get 2 to 3 terra cotta plant saucers, the ones they use under pots and have one for food, one for water and one upside down under the basking light. I would also add some greenery. Maybe go to Home Depot and get some plants in the garden section, where the veggies are, organic ones. Or plant some wheat berries and get wheat grass and add that. I get the wheat berries at Whole Foods, about 1.29 a pound right now. Plant, water and in about 3-4 days they grow and look like little lawns. Very healthy for baby. And it can pretend it's grazing like the big kids. It is believed that in the wild, the babies are always hiding, possibly in burrows, possibly wedged under plant pallets. For obvious reasons, they do not want to be seen and eaten. So I think more greens in the enclosure will help your baby feel more safe, secure. Also, remember you want to try to have 80% humidity and never let the temp get under 80 degrees. Even if your enclosure gets all drippy wet like a terrarium, this is good. You want that hot and humid. The grooves on the shell are what we all know, that this little was kept dry. They will smooth out with your good care. : )

mattsr6

Okay. Il go tomorrow or tuesday. I noticed that the humidity can get all the way up to 95% is that okay?

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
Oh, almost forgot, here is a link I think you will like. These foods all work for little sulcatas too, so it will give you a good idea visually of the variety of foods you can feed! And grow. And feed. Repeat. LOL. : )

http://www.pinterest.com/pietersmith/leopard-tortoise-edible-plants/

mattsr6 said:
Okay. Il go tomorrow or tuesday. I noticed that the humidity can get all the way up to 95% is that okay?

Yes, as long as your ambient temp is over 80, all good. Yay! : )