New Here :) Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaneEEC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Navarre, FL
Our family recently adopted a young 4-1/4 inch long Sulcata.
I am busy learning everything possible to make sure George has a long, happy, healthy life.
I got (rescued) him from a pet store, judging by the tank he was in, he needed us badly.
He is being treated with (subcutaneous) Baytril injections for a respiratory infection right now. Good Grief! That is an odd procedure~~

With careful attention to his needs, hopefully he will be healthy soon.
If anyone has any helpful info, I would gladly listen :)
I am trying to learn the correct way to set up a table for him (he lives indoors)
Proper lighting, temps, substrate. It's an interesting challenge, thats for sure!
Thank you,
Jane

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Start asking some questions after you've had some time to browse around a bit. We all love to help.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jane:

Welcome to the forum!!

I know this is the wrong time of year, and your guy is quite small, but keep in mind that he needs to be outside. So you have all winter to make plans for his outdoor habitat.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Poor you and poor George. Sounds like your both having a bit of a rocky start. :( Glad you found him and are working towards making his life the type it should be. Very glad your here, also! :)

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
welcome. what your doing is great. i know most love the perfect little tortoises when selecting one for a pet and theres nothing wrong with that, but its nice to hear of the "flawed" animals that find good homes with caring people. cheers!

JaneEEC

5 Year Member
Navarre, FL
Good news!
After 2 weeks of antibiotics George is respiratory infection free AND gained weight!! a whopping 1-1/2 ounces! He is doing really well now! eating, getting exercise and I am sooo thankful for this forum!
Thank you,
Jane

Jacqui said:
Poor you and poor George. Sounds like your both having a bit of a rocky start. :( Glad you found him and are working towards making his life the type it should be. Very glad your here, also! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.