new from pa

LookingHawk

Location (City and/or State)
Berks county, Pa. USA
thank you for the warm welcome yes i will take and post pics...right now Shelldon is temperary housed in a 30 gal long tank for just a few short days till i am done with the build of his tort table...yes i am waitin to get the salcata till i have a large area set up in the basement! been doin lots of research and have many year experience with reptiles in general!

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
thank you for the warm welcome yes i will take and post pics...right now Shelldon is temperary housed in a 30 gal long tank for just a few short days till i am done with the build of his tort table...yes i am waitin to get the salcata till i have a large area set up in the basement! been doin lots of research and have many year experience with reptiles in general!
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/ read this russian tort care sheet its really good. sulcatas get really big really fast and only in about 2 to 3 years old they will have to live outside all the time.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Russians Rule ! I'm a little lost you say you have a lot of reptile experience but why would you have a Russian and want to get a Sulcata while they at both very different torts ? Sorry for the question . But had to ask it .

LookingHawk

Berks county, Pa. USA
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Russians Rule ! I'm a little lost you say you have a lot of reptile experience but why would you have a Russian and want to get a Sulcata while they at both very different torts ? Sorry for the question . But had to ask it .

my wife has always wanted a Russian and i like them as well...i have always wanted a Sulcata...lol
the Russian will be in the living room...if i get the sulcata it will be housed in our finished basement in my man cave that has finished access to the back yard...dont be sorry for asking it is a valid question....i thought about it long and hard before i decided to eventually get a Sulcata as they are a huge investment and responsibility...i have much preperation to do yet before i get my Sulcata...these are not an on a whim tortoise...one must be prepared to give up space in there life for these amazing tortoises!