New from California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventura

5 Year Member
Howdy!

I am of course new to the world of tortoises and am looking forward to adopting a Leopard Tortoise from a member of a tortoise rescue on Wednesday. I have been reading and educating myself on the breed; well, tortoises in general.

It took me a few weeks in the beginning to discern between a Sulcata or Leopard, but in time the desire for "bigger and better" wore off. I am content with my decision (knowing a leopard is still a large tortoise). My yard is fenced and quite large at 30' x 40'. It has been a 6 month process getting to where I am now, most of that time I spent reading, reading, reading, and reading about the breed.

I had a great interview with the rescue/adoption owner and he saw my backyard and the modifications I had undergone for my soon to be buddy. I look forward to the collective knowledge this site offers.

In short, here I am!

Peace!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D

Leopards are very cool, WE LOVE PICS, so when you get him/her we would love to see ..... :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ventura:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome
Enjoy your visits

Ventura

5 Year Member
Thanks for the greetings! My name is Rick and I am from Ventura, CA. I will certainly post pictures when "Tu'she" (as in too-shay) is home.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Wecome to TFO, the best place to learn about torts, turtles and any other critter :) My husband grew up in Camarillo. We enjoy visiting there. Great weather :), but expensive houses.

Ventura

5 Year Member
Very expensive houses! The weather is pretty suited for leopards and sulcatas. I first started this recent tortoise addiction when a friend of my family introduced me to his California Desert Tortoise named "Needles". He had to go through quite a few hoops to own him, as well as dig deep brick walls so as to stop any escapes. For me, not that I don't recognize the responsibility of owning a tortoise, this wasn't the tortoise for my family. Which in time I discovered neither would a sulcata be. Tushe is an adult at nearly 10".

From what I've read thats a coveted size.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. How old/big is your new tortoise going to be?

Ventura

5 Year Member
Quick question, could someone please explain the numbers of creatures in everyones signature regarding the 0.0.0 system. Still trying to figure out what each digit represents.

Maybe its because of the amount of time it is past my bedtime, but I a little confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.