Hello from Vacaville California!

lobiwon

Location (City and/or State)
Vacaville, California
Hi All! My name is Lori and I am from Vacaville, CA.

I'd like you all to meet Ike & Tina Terdle.Ike Tina_Fotor.jpg

I've had my RFs since mid-June and as a new tortoise parent I have a lot to learn and a lot of questions that I will be posting in an appropriate thread. The internet is filled with much reading and am finding so much contradiction. I believe I found the right place for expert help and advise.

I look forward to your input and answering questions about the ins and outs of parenting RFs.

Cheers!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome! You live up near @Yvonne G . She is one of our moderators, a friend, and a very experienced tortoise keeper.

If you had come here first I would have recommend agains that species for your area. It will take a lot of work, time and expense to house them as they get older as our area here in CA is much too dry, and too hot in summer too. I also would have advised against having a pair. Groups can work, but pairs don't work. You should give them each their own enclosures ASAP.

Check this out:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Although Tom's comment is valid, as far as weather, you are over in Vacaville, and MUCH more humid than where Yvonne, and even I am. So you will not have quite as much problem but you will really need to look at the posts in our redfoot section and get some ideas on a nice, humid, well-planted setup. Even in summer, with the marine influence and delta breeze kicking in so often, you will need a nice, enclosed chamber to maintain 80% humidity and 80° temps.