New food

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
New dry food

Hey everybody, I've received my dry food today for our 3 Greeks!! We have got "t-Rex tortoise dry formula" and "Komodo tortoises diet" just to clarify, I feed small portions of these with normal food every other day? Or alternate days for each? And I understand you have to wet the pellets right?? :s

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Laura said:
what do the directions say? I havent heard of those.. I feed fresh, they graze and they get Mazuri..

It says to mix with there normal fresh food every other day!! I've heard of them before hence why I've got them and I know people use them because it's good for them! Type them in google

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: New dry food

Everyone does it differently. I only feed it once a week. I put it in a bowl and add warm water. When its all absorbed I dump it out at the feeding station.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Everyone does it differently. I only feed it once a week. I put it in a bowl and add warm water. When its all absorbed I dump it out at the feeding station.

I think I'm going to do pretty much the same thing as you :) would you mix it together, komodo and t-rex?? And how much water do you put in?? It is good for them ain't it??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Since they can't get Mazuri over in the UK, they use a lot of the Komodo Dragon food over there. I don't know anything about it, but there are many very well qualified tortoise keepers who use it so its got to be ok.

It can't hurt them, as long as you still feed the mixed greens.

Just put enough water to barely cover it.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Since they can't get Mazuri over in the UK, they use a lot of the Komodo Dragon food over there. I don't know anything about it, but there are many very well qualified tortoise keepers who use it so its got to be ok.

It can't hurt them, as long as you still feed the mixed greens.

Just put enough water to barely cover it.

We can't get mazuri over here In Cyprus either lol ill try it, they only won't eat it if they don't like it lol

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I use Komodo. I put a dessert spoon of pellets in a small pot (an egg cup or ramekin is ideal) and cover the pellets with water and then leave it to stand for about 20 minutes. The pellets swell to about the size of a pea.

If necessary add a little extra water or drain any excess water at the end.

I then tip the soaked pellets on to Joe's feed slate and feed alongside his leaves 2-3 times a week.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
I use Komodo. I put a dessert spoon of pellets in a small pot (an egg cup or ramekin is ideal) and cover the pellets with water and then leave it to stand for about 20 minutes. The pellets swell to about the size of a pea.

If necessary add a little extra water or drain any excess water at the end.

I then tip the soaked pellets on to Joe's feed slate and feed alongside his leaves 2-3 times a week.

Brilliant!! :) I've deceived on Wednesday's and Saturday's they will be fed it alongside the fresh food!! How is joe? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.