New Enclosure

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I know the temps the indoor enclosure should be, but what is.considered too cold for her to be outside in? The plan is to let her sun in an outdoor cage maybe 30 minutes a day when it's sunny
For a Russian, 60 degrees is probably warm enough if its dry and sunny. Warmer if its not dry. No point in putting the tortoise outside at all if its not sunny.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I know the temps the indoor enclosure should be, but what is.considered too cold for her to be outside in? The plan is to let her sun in an outdoor cage maybe 30 minutes a day when it's sunny
Just make sure she has a place in the shade even if YOUR goal is for her to get sun. The last two days have finally been warm enough for me to put my russian outside to get sun, and he still makes a bee-line for the shade. He does eventually get enough but still make sure they have options...

jharrris

Greenville
Just make sure she has a place in the shade even if YOUR goal is for her to get sun. The last two days have finally been warm enough for me to put my russian outside to get sun, and he still makes a bee-line for the shade. He does eventually get enough but still make sure they have options...
Definitely, thank you!

What's his name?

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Fezzik (Andre the Giant's character from the Princess Bride). When I offered to take a rescue tortoise (knowing NOTHING about tortoises) I thought I was going to get something MUCH larger than my little 5.5" long 4" wide little squirt

jharrris

Greenville
Fezzik (Andre the Giant's character from the Princess Bride). When I offered to take a rescue tortoise (knowing NOTHING about tortoises) I thought I was going to get something MUCH larger than my little 5.5" long 4" wide little squirt
Lol! That's adorable!

Sorry it took so long to reply, I hadn't checked this website in a few days

jharrris

Greenville