New closed enclosure for platynota

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lisle Illinois
New home for my 2 beautiful Burmese star tortoises; Nova and Bloom, they are very healthy and doing excellently. Overall temp constant 80-85 F, basking 100 F, humidity 80-90% Jungle mix and coco for substrate.
This 90 gallon aquarium is a little tricky to access for cleaning and assisting the tortoises but I'm getting used to it.

Sad to say it but I am planning to sell one of them probably Bloom if anyone is interested (PM me) but I'm in no hurry I enjoy them very much. Bloom was hatched Fall of 2013 and weights 106 grams today.

I have raised them in closed enclosures with constant warmth and high humidity since hatching and they always have had smooth healthy carapaces. I live near many decent grocery stores so they also have had a good varied diet.
I'm installing a 4" molding around the outside bottom to block the tortoises view to prevent confusion and stress.

image.jpeg photo (2).JPG I hope you like the pics, this is Bloom, she is such a big girl.

photo (1).JPG photo (2).JPG image.jpeg photo (1).JPG

Last edited:

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
the enclosure is amazing and they both are really cute and really smooth :) why do you want to sell?

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
the enclosure is amazing and they both are really cute and really smooth :) why do you want to sell?
Thanks, I was going to get a male to breed them, but changed my mind not to. Tortoises do better alone or in groups of 3 or more.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Beautiful torts. Lovely enclosure!
Thanks for sharing!