New "built in" indoor tortoise enclosures

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
"large industrial tubs"
Where would one find such things? Google is not much help.
Here is a link to the exact tubs I purchased. http://gototanks.com/shop-by-catego...llon-rectangle-open-top-containment-tank.html They have different sizes and are fairly cheap in price. The shipping isn't real cheap though, but the price of the tanks make up for it when you compare them to the pricing of vision tubs. I did a little research on these, and they are the exact same material and wall thickness as vision tubs. When you order its smart to order more than one because you can ship several for just a little more money. The shipping time was about 3 to 4 weeks, and were exactly as promised! I would highly recommend this company. They were a lot of help in my decision, and understood I was using it for animals / tortoises, so they answered all my questions and were very patient with me. When I purchased these, I originally wanted them to be on a "rack" type frame. My husband and I started building a frame for the bottom one, then started on the middle one (I wanted to stack all 3). It didn't take long for us to realize I wasn't going to be able to see over into the middle one, and would have to get on a ladder for the top one. I am the kind of person that just sits and watches my tortoises. That is what I enjoy! So it just so happened that the three tubs I purchased fit perfectly along the back wall in my sunroom. That is how we came up with this set up and I wouldn't change it for anything now. I totally love it! Sometimes it's kind of hard to reach my tortoises because they are 4' from the front to the back, but that is what foot stools are for :)

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Very nice. It's good to have a resource like this when you're looking for indoor enclosures. The prices are great, but you're right the shipping is painful. But if you get more than one it's probably worth it.

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
Thanks. The list of sizes is here:
http://gototanks.com/shop-by-category/containment-basins/rectangle-containment-basins.html
and i think these might be nice even used as-is on the floor.

You just have to be careful when ordering from the as far as the color of the plastic. Not all of them are white, and sometimes it's kind of hard to tell on their site if they are white. In my opinion it's best to call. Also the shipping calculator isn't very accurate. If I remember correctly mine was less than the site calculated. I'm in GA, and I got 3 tubs shipped to me from the west coast for under $200. I didn't think that was too bad.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
WOW! ! !

This is something that I can learn! ! !