New Box for Leopard. Thanks Tom!

TurboTortoise23

Location (City and/or State)
Clovis CA
I just wanted to say thank you to all who provided info for building these insulated boxes. It made for a fun project for myself and my 11 year old. Turbo is still a bit small to be out full time, but we wanted a safe place for him to enjoy these awesome central California spring days. Still waiting for clear vinyl for the door covering, and will get Kane matt and Sweeter Heater wired up with a Zilla thermostat tomorrow. I opted to coat the inside with flex seal clear...not sure if it was a good idea or not. I was hoping for some moisture protection on the plywood. Again, thank you all for the contributions for this project.

Attachments

• BE996983-CBF0-4BEF-82C9-31D03CC44033.jpeg
    BE996983-CBF0-4BEF-82C9-31D03CC44033.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 67CCE027-9615-451F-AF2D-E9BD5CB3628F.jpeg
    67CCE027-9615-451F-AF2D-E9BD5CB3628F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • E6821AD2-A584-4C8F-A329-6820B7882D76.jpeg
    E6821AD2-A584-4C8F-A329-6820B7882D76.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks like you did a good job.
However, the rest of the enclosure is much too small for a leopard when it's ready to go live outside. Even if you fixed the hide box onto the outside of the enclosure it would be too small.

TurboTortoise23

Clovis CA
Looks like you did a good job.
However, the rest of the enclosure is much too small for a leopard when it's ready to go live outside. Even if you fixed the hide box onto the outside of the enclosure it would be too small.
Thanks! I should have stated...the guy is only a year old. He's still indoors. This is just to get him out during nice weather. He will have run of an area about 4 times this when an adult.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks! I should have stated...the guy is only a year old. He's still indoors. This is just to get him out during nice weather. He will have run of an area about 4 times this when an adult.
I did wonder about that, but with the house already built, was a bit worried.
You really are a plan ahead person. I thought I was but you beat me lol.
Btw, the flex seal will/should be fine. I used it on the outside of a chicken coop. I should have done the inside too as the outside is outlasting the inside.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just wanted to say thank you to all who provided info for building these insulated boxes. It made for a fun project for myself and my 11 year old. Turbo is still a bit small to be out full time, but we wanted a safe place for him to enjoy these awesome central California spring days. Still waiting for clear vinyl for the door covering, and will get Kane matt and Sweeter Heater wired up with a Zilla thermostat tomorrow. I opted to coat the inside with flex seal clear...not sure if it was a good idea or not. I was hoping for some moisture protection on the plywood. Again, thank you all for the contributions for this project.
You have a lucky tortoise, and a lucky 11 year old child too! 😁

Box looks great!