New baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Akron, OH
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I bought baby Sulcata yesterday! I've wanted one since i was about 15 and I'm 23 now and i finally got one. He has a huge heated barn and 3 acres of fenced in area for when he gets older but for now he is living on a tortoise table that I built. If i knew how to post pictures i would, hah maybe another day. I have done my research but i just have on question for you guys: For the water dish and his daily soakings I've been giving him, is it ok to use regular tap water? Is there a better water source i could be using? Thanks for your help.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ahh Dean... he's so subtle. Thanks for the vote of confidence Dean.

Hello and welcome to the forum Derek. I was just like you about 20 years ago. I just typed this little thing up a couple of weeks ago just for people like you. I wish I had this info when I started.
http://tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-To-Raise-Sulcata-Hatchlings-and-Babies

To answer your question: I've always used plain old tap water for mine. Unless there is something terribly wrong with the tap water in your area, you should be just fine with it.

Sounds like you are going to have a very happy tortoise!

DerekS

5 Year Member
Akron, OH
Thanks guys. I read that second link already but the first link is helpful to.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Welcome. I use tap water but I can see some lime build up on my torts, crappy water.

moswen

5 Year Member
i use tap water. nothing wrong with it. it's good enough for me to drink! if you want you can put bird vitamins in the water dish in his enclosure, i do.

congratulations on finally becoming a sulcata owner, and i'm SO SO happy that you did your research before you bought! wonderful to have you on board! does HE have a name yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.