new aquarium

carloz209

Location (City and/or State)
modesto
So can anyone help me find some articles for setting up a new aquarium for my red ear sliders. I am in the process of acquiring a 200 gallon aquarium which i intend on setting up for my 2 RES. Any info would help but most importantly on the filtration system for such a big aquarium is what i am most interested in learning about.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Best for a 200g would be a custom sump filter. King of diy (joey) just made a video about this I believe(tutorial).

carloz209

modesto
yup i was considering a diy filter i actually saw a couple of videos the last two days about those.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I would run 2 canister filters. With one intake and outflow at each end. Or one large one.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
yup i was considering a diy filter i actually saw a couple of videos the last two days about those.
It would be cheaper to do a DIY filter for that size. 200gallons I would def go sump filter and with the amount of waste RES have the bigger sump will handle the load and easier to clean than canisters. IMO. Sounds like a great project. Wish I had room for a 200 Aq Use to have a 220gal wish I still had the room.

Kyle