New addition to the family

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA

Super excited about our new little addition to the family. :tort:
I'm hoping it's a girl because of the split scutes. I think we've settled on "Lola".
DSC03018.jpg

Split scute shot
DSC03020.jpg

DSC03022.jpg

High Five!!!
DSC02940.jpg

DSC02939.jpg

The kids and the torts
DSC02946.jpg

Sorry WW- it's the only scale I have!

DSC03023.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Congrats on the new Sulcata, I think it's possibly a girl also... love the shell all the split scutes and all...

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
gosh. I'm gonna have this song in my head all night...

Lola..
L
O
L
A
Lola..

pretty pics, all. congrats on the newest addition.. I'm rooting for female too...

teri

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Congrats!! Hi Lola! I like your daughter's flower ring too:)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
... la la la la Lola...

da da da ta da da...

Congrats Jen!

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
All of your responses made me laugh. Oh yeah and Erin- my daughter says "Thank you". It's one of her favorite accessories. Shortly after we bought Lola, my husband (who always teases me for how much time I spend on TFO) says to me "Hey, you need to post some pictures on your forum for Tom to see". Geez, you'd think he knew you or something. LOL! He was just curious as to what you thought about the split scute possibly meaning she's a female. Kinda cracked me up though.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nice
I wonder what a tortoise points value is to a weight watchers diet?

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
dmmj said:
Nice
I was waiting for someone to ask that! Thanks for not letting me down!

You know, right after we bought her we went into a fast food restaurant for lunch and you should have seen all the looks she got. People thought I was crazy to bring her in. I'm thinking- there's no way I'd leave her outside.

But I have to say, I have the best husband in the world. He bought her for me for an early anniversary gift. September 3rd will make it 19 years since our first date. We've been married for almost 15 1/2 years and still crazy in love...

Hauntmom

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I love the name! lol (That's what I named my hopeful girl) She is super cute and what a great gift! My husband didn't understand why I wanted another one. I had to just show up with her cuz I knew he wouldn't make me take her back. lol

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
She is cute, but how did the people in the restaurant know you had her?

M

Maggie Cummings

She's beautiful, congrats on the anniversary I am impressed with that. How sweet you're husband knew just the right thing to buy. But does he know what she's going to go into? Has he read any Bob stories? Lord almighty all those Sulcatas you must have a lot of room...:D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Congrats to you and ur family! It 's great to the kids involved too! You have the husband of year right now!! How cool is that! More pics please.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Jacqui said:
She is cute, but how did the people in the restaurant know you had her?

She was in a small tub on the table next to me---LOL!!! There were no walls between the booths so they just looked over and said "What the heck is that?" I told them and then they thought she was so cute.

maggie3fan said:
She's beautiful, congrats on the anniversary I am impressed with that. How sweet you're husband knew just the right thing to buy. But does he know what she's going to go into? Has he read any Bob stories? Lord almighty all those Sulcatas you must have a lot of room...:D

Yep he knows exactly what we've gotten into. We LOVE Bob stories! Our anniversary is impressive to me as it now means I have been with him a wee bit more than half my life. That's crazy to think about for me at least.

arby2774

5 Year Member
The Berkshires of Massachusetts
jensgotfaith said:
dmmj said:
Nice
I was waiting for someone to ask that! Thanks for not letting me down!

You know, right after we bought her we went into a fast food restaurant for lunch and you should have seen all the looks she got. People thought I was crazy to bring her in. I'm thinking- there's no way I'd leave her outside.

But I have to say, I have the best husband in the world. He bought her for me for an early anniversary gift. September 3rd will make it 19 years since our first date. We've been married for almost 15 1/2 years and still crazy in love...

My Tanner was my 10th anniversary gift from my husband. It is nice to know that he understands me so well!

Status
Not open for further replies.