Nesting box ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuantzer

5 Year Member
Hi all , i got a 5 inches male and a 8 inches female and five 4 inches star in a 4" 1.5" 1.5" tank . the adult are ready to breed . currently my substrate is coco wood chip , should i make a nesting box for the adult ? any idea to make a nesting box and wat substrate to use ? appreciate your advice . thank you

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I just use Rubbermaid tubs. However that many specimens in that size of enclosure. i doubt a female is going to feel safe enough to lay. Can they move around at all? Female stars need to be able to access 10-12" of soil to. You can do a 10" deep tub filled with dirt, But the tub I was going to recommend is larger than the enclosure.

yuantzer

5 Year Member
Sorry my enclosure size r 4f x 1.5f x 1.5f . So do u think i have to make a nesting box for her ?

shanu303

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
there is a very rare chance of her even laying in such a small enclosure....... so i don't see a need to place a nesting box in such small enclosure..... the box is just going to congest the limited space in that enclosure...... what i suggest is you move the five 4 inch star to another enclosure and leave the mating couple alone... 4 feet x 1.5f x 1.5 f is not enough for 7 tortoises.... and that too not hatchling..... i saw your previous post and till that time it was enough for all those hatchlings...

Status
Not open for further replies.