Do i need nesting box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuantzer

5 Year Member
Hi all , i got a 5 inches male and a 8 inches female and five 4 inches star in a 4f 1.5f 1.5f tank . the adult are ready to breed . currently my substrate is coco wood chip , should i make a nesting box for the adult ? any idea to make a nesting box and wat substrate to use ? appreciate your advice . thank you

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
That's a lot of tortoise for your tank.

tiff3grl said:

Do you have pics of your enclosure with all of them in it?

yuantzer

5 Year Member
should i separate them ? just leave the 2 adult in the tank and make a nesting box for them ?

Vickie

5 Year Member
tiff3grl said:

I have to agree. Not to jump down your throat please don't take it that way. I would myself make a larger enclosure especially if you want them to lay eggs. Then with all those tortoises in there I myself would put one in though honestly, no experience so someone else might want to chime in? I just would be afraid others might walk on them etc without even thinking and break them before you have any chance of removal of eggs?

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I'm not much help when it comes to nesting box info, I'll leave that for the experts :) To me it would seem like a female might be too stressed to lay due to the lack of room....that's why I was curious if you had a picture of all of them together in the enclosure. You may need to build a second enclosure as they get bigger.

yuantzer

5 Year Member
yes will put them outside when i move to bigger house . maybe few months after my house complete . thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.