Nelson's day outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
It's still not very warm here in IL, but it was sunny and upper 60s so I let Nelson out for a while.

Sleepy and a little freaked out
IMG_1804.jpg

He soon remembered why he likes it outside!
IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

No one has really been able to confirm if he's male or female, but his tail sure is getting long!
IMG_1849.jpg

He has his work cut out for him
IMG_1857.jpg

Where are more torts when you need them? This area will be full of clover and plantain soon too.
IMG_1860.jpg

Mia made a guest appearance
IMG_1871.jpg

I put him in a bed of cypress mulch to see how he liked it...he's never been on cypress before.
IMG_1884.jpg

Little man will be 2 next month!

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Wow, he looks great. Looks like he has a ton of good weeds to eat. I think he is definitely a HE, his tail is getting really long, i have never seen a female with one that long.

I just wanted to add that he looks so healthy and hydrated!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I may have *cough* been spraying him frequently during the photoshoot since he looks prettier that way ;)
Thanks though :D

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Hi Katie! I just love your tort! I think that Nelson is the lightest Russian I have seen, skin too. He's so cute. The pictures of him in the Dandelion field are simply gorgeous. I think that's a cute calendar page to me. I have to be honest, I have all kinds of plants and can grow everything for my tortoises, but I am so embarrassed to say that I can't get one single Dandelion weed to grow. I have contacted nurseries and they just laugh at me that I want to purchase weeds. I have purchased 14,000 seeds on-line and couldn't get one to grow. We have them everywhere here so I have gone out and collected those seeds and still no luck. I have tried growing them everywhere (pots/land/containers) and no luck. It's funny because all of the info on-line is about getting rid of them because they grow so fast and so many...but no luck here so I simply envy your pictures.

Oh and I believe Nelson is a boy!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Nelson looks like he is enjoying the sun and some nice grass..Great photos..

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nelson looks great! I love russians.

I'm sure he made short work of those dandelions - ours LOVES dandelions. I have the first ones of the year pop up so ours was quite happy.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I was so happy to see a Nelson thread! :D I love that picture out in the field of Dandelions. He is looking so good Katie. Maybe Danny will come on and take a look to see if he's really a he or not. :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Thanks everyone :D He doesn't seem to care for the actual dandelion flowers too much, but he does love the leaves!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Katie, I love Nelson! He is one gorgous RT :D. I am sure he had a great time outside, I love how comfortable he seems to be outside. Mia is a very pretty doggie :D.
Wow Nelson is going to be 2! Do not forget to take pics :D

Status
Not open for further replies.