Nelson's first time outside this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
It was in the 60s here in Illinois today and the sun was very bright so I brought the little guy outside this afternoon :D He pretty much just sat in one spot and soaked up the sun. He did eat a dead piece of grass :rolleyes: so I'm sure he can't wait for the weeds to start growing!

IMG_1046.jpg

Trying to burrow under my foot :rolleyes:
IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

Ahhh natural sunlight
IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

Looking for a new rock to add to his enclosure
IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

He IS very handsome. Too bad Russians don't like grass, it looks like you have a great lawn. He's enjoying the sun.
We actually had sun a few days ago and Bob came out of his doggie door and stopped about halfways out with his butt still inside and he closed his eyes and simply enjoyed the sun. Tortoises are cool!!!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
dreadyA said:
yeeeaaaah, look at the Noodle man! :p

hahaha I'm SO glad I shared that nickname with all of you :p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Ah, Nelson! :D

He has such a noble visage...I am sure the Admiral would be quite pleased with his namesake's overt dignity. :p

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Nelson is beautiful! Thanks for posting these pics!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Stephanie Logan said:
Ah, Nelson! :D

He has such a noble visage...I am sure the Admiral would be quite pleased with his namesake's overt dignity. :p

haha Admiral Nelson...I can't believe I hadn't made that connection yet! Yikes, I might have picked a different name if I had thought of that :p (one too many bad experiences with spiced rum ;))

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mr. Nelson? Wasn't that the little monkey on Pippi Longstocking? Where is Pippi now? She kind of looks like that lady from that weird Euro movie "Run Lola, Run".

Sorry for the tangent. That is one beautiful little tortoise and great pics too.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ooo yeah!! I think it was actually Mr. Nilsson (Nielson) but same thing ;) That was like my favorite movie when I was little :)
The actress is Tami Erin and she hasn't really been in anything since Pippi (at least nothing I have heard of before)

TortoisesRock!

5 Year Member
Wow, what a tortoise stud!!!!! It was nice here the other day as well and my Russian just loved being out in the yard!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
ChiKat said:
haha Admiral Nelson...I can't believe I hadn't made that connection yet! Yikes, I might have picked a different name if I had thought of that :p (one too many bad experiences with spiced rum ;))

Well, at least you didn't saddle him with "Horatio"...no wonder the hero of Trafalgar exemplifed such swagger and bravado...it all makes sense now: the log diving and the escape attempts that ended in side-wedges...he's living up to the legend! :p

If you ever purchase a mate for Mr. Photogenic, you'll have to name her (Lady Emma) Hamilton, just for fun! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.