Nelson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
The little man is almost 10-months old! He has been extremely active lately and I'm so excited that it's starting to warm up outside...pretty soon I'll be able to take him outside! :cool:

IMG_0831.jpg

Waiting for dinner
IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

Walking towards the camera hehe
IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I've definitely missed Nelson pictures. He is the cutest little Russian Tortoise. :D He looks like he loves his dinners. :)

Tiffanymac

5 Year Member
He is adorable! :D I love the one of him waiting for dinner! lol~!:p

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
What is the white thing in the first photo?

He's cuter than anything. :) I wish he and Novalee could be friends lol. They'd be the "hot" kids in nursery school.

I'm planning on taking a couple more stylized pics of Novalee when she hits 8 mos. Frack, for all I know, she'll be 4 inches by then. :)

How's his SCL and weight?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
The white thing in the first picture is a piece of cuttlebone. He prefers it if I break it into smaller pieces for him :rolleyes:
I can't WAIT to see more pictures of Novalee! She is one of the most gorgeous torts I have ever seen.

He was 91 g when I weighed him today. That doesn't sound like a lot but he didn't gain much weight those first couple months I had him. He went through a growth spurt a few months ago and has since slowed down- still gaining steadily, just not as much. I'll have to measure him tomorrow.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Nelson is just so photogenic...he walks right up to Mommy, not a bit worried about that big machine attached to her face. :D

And that last photo...can you say "Seefood?!" :p

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
These are great, Nelson seems so happy and it looks like he's a good eater!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Meg90 said:
How's his SCL and weight?

I just measured him and he is roughly 3 inches now :D I thought he looked bigger! He wouldn't put his head in his shell- wanted to run around- so I didn't get an exact measurement :rolleyes:
I really want a digital caliper!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Weighed Novalee for fun today. She's about 7 months and 3 weeks old. She's clocking in at 169g (on empty!) and just 1/16 of an inch shy of 3 3/4". I'm sure in a week, she'll have gained that last 1/16 :D----Man Katie, if you ever get a Greek, be prepared for some rapid growth! I wish she was still little. They are so damn cute when they are tiny!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
ChiKat said:
The little man is almost 10-months old! He has been extremely active lately and I'm so excited that it's starting to warm up outside...pretty soon I'll be able to take him outside! :cool:
Nelson " ... looks like a " happy camper" ...
Great Photos too!
JD:)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Meg, I WILL get a Greek some day :D Preferably a Novalee lookalike!
She is growing like a weed! You really should post new pictures (of all your babies!)
It's amazing to see how much Nelson has grown in these past couple months since he started off so slow. I posted pictures on another forum and they said it seems like he grew overnight ;)

And they ARE adorable when they're teeny, but I'm excited to see full-grown Nelson too :D

M

Maggie Cummings

Why does he have to show off that big mouth??? Cute, he's gonna enjoy going outside...

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
awww very cute! Nelson looks so similar to my Trevor too (who gained 14! grams in one week and is now 221 grams and 91 mm or 3.6 inches, which is on the "high" plot for the McIntyre graph; he's cute chubby though).

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Kate you really need to post new pictures of Trevor!! :)
Nelson is under 80 mm so he's too small to plot on the McIntyre graph :( He is gaining weight steadily after barely gaining the first few months I had him though, so I think he's catching up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.