NEED SOMEONE IN THE SF BAY AREA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
we need someone who can arrange a purchase of a sick sulcata. The listing showed up in CL and the owner turned down our TRN because 1) she wants the full price she's asking for $175, and 2) she wants the tort to go to someone local so that she can check on him from time to time. Now, the second request isn't binding because as soon as the purchase is made, you would not be obligated to have her check up on you. The plan is to have the tort transferred to a member here who is willing to nurse this tort back to health. Can someone please help us?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
sick or just needs a better home? Is this the one the owner has no clue how bad it is? I wouldn't pay her for it.. is she open for learning?

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Laura said:
sick or just needs a better home? Is this the one the owner has no clue how bad it is? I wouldn't pay her for it.. is she open for learning?

At least some of the money would come from TRN, you wouldn't need to spend any money besides gas to get it.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Is she placing it because she thinks it will grow to be 100 pounds and she cant house it? that poor thing will never get that big...
At least she shows it in an outdoor pen with grass, like it should be! There is hope....

robopeen

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
I'm going to try to email her and see if she responds but I don't have an area for Dude set up and I can't have the owner over to check where he would be, nor do I feel comfortable with inviting a stranger from Craigslist over to my house. I'm probably just paranoid but that's what happens when you're raised by a cop.

Perhaps she will agree to not coming over if I tell her my reasons with feeling uncomfortable with it then I can just send him to Jacqui. It's worth a try.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I think she just staged it so she can sell him. She may have realized recently that she can't house a 100 lb sulcata. Or, she realizes she can't care for him; whatever the reason, it's obvious that this poor dude needs a new home.

I believe TRN is willing to put up $100; I said I'd be willing to fund the balance. We just need a go-between to get our hands on the tort. Funds and transfers can be worked out before the pickup. But we need to do this asap!

Spn785 said:
Laura said:

At least some of the money would come from TRN, you wouldn't need to spend any money besides gas to get it.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
PLEASE California, is there anyone who only has to say they will use their home to save a sully. Ther won't be any cost in involved, and this is just until we can get the funds involved to make a quick transfer.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Did you get to email the lady yet?

robopeen said:
I'm going to try to email her and see if she responds but I don't have an area for Dude set up and I can't have the owner over to check where he would be, nor do I feel comfortable with inviting a stranger from Craigslist over to my house. I'm probably just paranoid but that's what happens when you're raised by a cop.

Perhaps she will agree to not coming over if I tell her my reasons with feeling uncomfortable with it then I can just send him to Jacqui. It's worth a try.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Hi- is TRN a recuse center?
Just curious. Hoping this little guy gets the help he needs!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
TRN is our rescue network here on TFO. Members from all over trying to help the torts close to us. I emailed her just as an interested individual. But have not heard anything back.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
She seems to respond to all the emails in the mornings. So she must only check once a day. I think if you explain the fears of her coming over but can provide her pictures...take any off the forum that look similar to your landscape she may accept that.

She really seems to care for him and got a lot of bad information from the seller. She knows he is small for his size and is pyramided but said that the vet has said he is fine.

robopeen

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
sibi said:
Did you get to email the lady yet?

robopeen said:

I did, no response yet.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
ok...as soon as someone hears from her, please let me know. Thanks.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
I know Waterboy tried to contact her also..as a rescue and she said she wants him to stay local.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Maybe she'll reconsider since she's not having an luck selling the tort. After all, why would anyone want a deformed sulcata, when they can buy a much better one for less? If she wants the full price, the offer still stands...I'll pay the difference...only someone has to offer to take him so that the transfer can be done. There has to be someone in California that can do this. They don't even need to be in SF; just within a few hours drive even. Isn't anyone willing to do that for this poor dude?????

robopeen said:
Jacqui said:
robopeen said:
I did, no response yet.

Anything new?

No, nothing yet. The ad is still up though. I wonder if she's talking to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.