need ideas on how to extend indoor table

CloverTheTortoise

5 Year Member
IMG_3421.JPG photo_467_4.jpg IMG_3422.JPG IMG_3420.JPG hi all!
ive got a 3 year old horsfield tortoise called clover:)
im planning on extending her indoor table as well as her outdoor run to give her the space she really needs but struggling with ideas for the indoor table. My problem is that at the moment the only space available is the space it is in now, so I was planning on building on another level and have a ramp leading to the top(I attached a photo of one which is similar to my idea) what does everyone think of these ones? do you think there easy to build? is there any other was I might be able to extend it?
thankyou!!

Attachments

• IMG_3411.JPG
    IMG_3411.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, Russian tortoises like to climb, so that might work out good. I'd put up a guard rail alongside the ramp so Clover doesn't fall off during her climb.

Welcome to the Forum!!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

KnNTiny

Welcome. I love the idea of the table. Gives Clover more room without taking up more space.

KnNTiny

ditzyangeluk

Sudbury, Suffolk, UK
I think what you have looks fabulous and what you plan for looks great too! Building-wise, I have no advice, sorry (I struggle with ramps else I would do the same, ha!). Btw, Clover is gorgeous

CloverTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Thanks all for the advise and compliments:)! Am quite confident with my idea now and will definitely put a pic of the finished table on! That is if i actually get round to it (fingers crossed!!)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Yes, railing are great :D Also, I'd add little grooves in the ramp for easier climbing. Love your idea, and Clover is a cutie :D