NEED HOME! 2 Redfoot tortoises need good home Jacksonville, FL

CritterKeeper27

Hello everyone! I need some guidance here. My husband is active duty Navy and we have orders to move, but our tortoises can't come with us :( I have a male, Sampson, and a female, Lilly aka Princess Lilly. I've been in contact with our vet to try and find them a home or a rescue, but no luck. I need to find them a loving home asap. The navy is moving our stuff in just a few weeks. I would like for them to stay in FL because they love the weather!!! Much better than our native MO. If anyone has any advice or if they are interested please let me know! Serious, loving people only please. I've had Sampson since 2009 and Lilly since 2013. It really breaks my heart to see them go!

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Maybe you can find someone to foster them until you come back. I watched a couple of redfooted tortoises for a fellow who went to China on a teaching assignment for a year. If one of our Florida members has the space to foster a couple of tortoises, that would be better than you having to give them up. So often 'lurkers' read these threads with the intention of getting the animals then turning around and selling them to make a quick profit. I'd hate to see that happen (that's why I didn't move this to the 'adoptions' section. The lurkers seem to hang out there).

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hello everyone! I need some guidance here. My husband is active duty Navy and we have orders to move, but our tortoises can't come with us :( I have a male, Sampson, and a female, Lilly aka Princess Lilly. I've been in contact with our vet to try and find them a home or a rescue, but no luck. I need to find them a loving home asap. The navy is moving our stuff in just a few weeks. I would like for them to stay in FL because they love the weather!!! Much better than our native MO. If anyone has any advice or if they are interested please let me know! Serious, loving people only please. I've had Sampson since 2009 and Lilly since 2013. It really breaks my heart to see them go!
I'm sorry you have to part with your torts. There are MANY awesome keepers in Florida that are very active on this forum. You should have no trouble finding a good home for them. Best of luck

Kara Kopek

Virginia
Yes if you were closer I'd definitely help you out....i will make drives but my limit is 8 hrs.....

CritterKeeper27

Oh wow! Critter keeper fail! I didn't see any of these replies in my inbox or on my page. I'm sorry to everyone I left hanging! Thank you everyone for your advise and encouragement! Sampson and Lilly were taken in by a couple from our church. The couple has already planned ways to make an awesome habitat and tortoise garden! I was sad to see my shell babies go, but I know they'll be loved.

Thanks again everyone!