Need help sexing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRoca

5 Year Member
These two photos are of my one tortoise who is 28 pounds and is about 15.5 inches long, I don't know if he is a she or she is a he. We call he/she Sahara. sahara 1.jpgsahara 2.jpgThe second set of photos is of my newly aquired tortoise and I believe it is a female, she is 19 pounds and is 13 inches. She was a rescue and has bad pyramiding and needs to gain weight. We call her Narobi. Narobi 2.jpgNarobi 1.jpgPlease help me determine what they are. My tortoise that I already had is bullying the new one and ramming her, I introduced them in a neutral territory and then put them in the pen together. They are okay most of the time but if she ventures into an area that Sahara doesn't want her in, then Sahara rams her...I feel horrible and I am hoping they will resolve this territorial issue!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
I can't pull up the pics on my phone for some reason....surely someone will be able to pull the pics up and help you out.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
You have 2 females. :)

To get your original tortoise not to be territorial your going to have to take them out and totally redo the enclosure. It must look nothing like it did before. That way it is new to both of them and there won't be the fighting over ownership of a certain spot.

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They both look female to me, however, they might just be at the cusp of changing. Sahara's gular looks male, and Narobi's gular looks female. You may need to wait just a bit longer until they grow some more to know for sure.

TRoca

5 Year Member
Here is a photo of their pen. I have been feeding them at seperate ends of it and they sleep around the same tree, the ramming has gotten better and they are both eating with no problem. photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.