Need help (hides all the time)

rebeccamurray

My tortoise whose called tank girl has been sleeping a lot the past couple days and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas to why? Me and my partner made her something to sleep and hide in the other day and she didn't seem to like it as she just dug a hole next to it to try and hide, now that my partner has changed that so she can hide properly she doesn't seem to want to come out of it! I am just worried as it's unlike her to stay in there this long, she has hardly came out today for her food aswell. Can anyone help please?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Since the tort is new to you/enclosure it can take some time (2 weeks or more sometimes) for the tort to settle in...and if the tort was wild caught it can take alot longer....

If you have checked all of your day and night temps and all are spot on, and you are assuring soaks and food...then now be patient and keep an eye on the tort but no need to worry as of yet....routine is a tortoise life, so the more diligent you are at a routine for the tort, the easier it will be for the tort to settle in....

Beautiful tort by the way :D

rebeccamurray

ascott said:
Since the tort is new to you/enclosure it can take some time (2 weeks or more sometimes) for the tort to settle in...and if the tort was wild caught it can take alot longer....

If you have checked all of your day and night temps and all are spot on, and you are assuring soaks and food...then now be patient and keep an eye on the tort but no need to worry as of yet....routine is a tortoise life, so the more diligent you are at a routine for the tort, the easier it will be for the tort to settle in....

Beautiful tort by the way :D

Thanks I have only had her 1 week so I will keep an eye on her cheers for the advice :)