2 HIDES OR NOT 2 HIDES

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
ok enough advice has been warnings issued take it or leave it in your tortoise your decision. let's stop beating a dead horse :)

Russianuncletwo

5 Year Member
Well, by the way, Luna did finally come out (basked, ate, basked) and when he hasn’t pooped for a while, he eventually needs to pace to evoke (sometimes warm soak is intervened.)
In the process of the last couple weeks, I see the only thing a tort possibly has a use for another (other than to keep snugger in a burrow) is as a scout-if Tort#1 is apprehensive and fears someone’s “out there”, he waits for Tort#2 to go over and look one direction and then turns to look in the same direction-like having a bodyguard. It’s a neat sight. I have also reminded myself that I don’t necessarily trust two human beings living in the same home (“enclosure”) even with separate bedrooms (“hides”) even if you’re in love with someone or are part of an “immediate family” (father, mother, son, etc.)-things can or have potential by mass observation (studied perennially since childhood) to get volatile even among loved ones, thus I finally chose to live alone.
I also discover now and previously that whether tort(s) is/are kept in a 6’x6’, 2’x3’or 200’x350’, etc. enclosure/yard, they tend to go for the edges. Problem with 2 torts is, while pacing the edges, one will sometimes just walk over the other and I can picture a claw/nail accidentally going into an eye in the process if the staionary tort does not pop their head in.
So there we are. I am closing out this thread, having spent more money at Home Depot on tort construction supplies, wishing quaint, historic homes had more electrical outlets (didn’t they have mercury vapor bulbs in the 18th or 19th Century?)