Need help getting started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachelle

5 Year Member
We are getting our daughter a Red Foot for Christmas. I have been doing a lot of research and have decided that a Red Foot would fit the personality of our family perfectly. We have been to the pet stores and there are two to choose from. One is less than a yr old, the other is?? We are leaning toward the smaller/younger of the two. Both were active in the store and look good. We are beginners so any advice as to which one we should get would be appreciated. Pics below

Before we bring him/her home I would like to get the habitat set up correctly. I would love to see some pics of your indoor habitats. I have read so much that I am confused as to what temps/humidity go with what zones?!?!?! Please help straighten me out. Thank you in advance for your help.

photo.JPG photo1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Try madkin's site. It is tortoise library.com it has a lot on redfoots. For enclosures try turtle tary.com or he is on here redfootman is his profile.

Rachelle

5 Year Member
Thank you all for your suggestions. I am reading everything on tortoiselibrary.com right now. Per my previous post can anyone guesstimate how old the bigger tortoise is? If we go with the younger one is there anything we should be aware of? Thanks again! I'm heading back to tortoiselibrary.com

jeninak907

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
The little ones need more humidity and soaks, and they usually eat more.The smaller one seems to be in better shape than the large one. That could also be a good deciding factor on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.