need advice???

mrs.mr.hayner

hi guys we took in a map turtle that has a big piece of shell missing. he seams to be healing good but is there any thing I can do to help him heal ? and should I keep him In a habitat that's dry to help with healing or do I keep him in a tank with water and land and let him do his thing. right now that's what I have him in and I've been keeping the water clean. he is 7 years old from what I was told.
20170217_151815.jpg20170217_151732.jpg20170217_151720.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That is nothing to worry about. It has already done quite a bit of healing and there is no longer a danger of infection. Allowing him back into his aquarium would be ok.

mrs.mr.hayner

That is nothing to worry about. It has already done quite a bit of healing and there is no longer a danger of infection. Allowing him back into his aquarium would be ok.
thanks. just wanted to make sure. the lady said she could see up in to his rib cage when it happened.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
Agree. The danger has passed (mostly) and the issue now is to keep him in very clean water and pack some food to him.
As a side note, I've captured and photographed wild yellow bellied sliders and various mud turtles that had injuries you would never believe they healed from. But they did.