Myrtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pueblo West
Found a female Greek today at Petsmart, she is definitly underweight coming in at 475grams ( Yerdel is 515 grams) very shy compared to Yerdel, ducks her head in when get too close. Had a warm bath, offered food but not interested.
ok now I have to say awful conditions at Petsmart tiny aquarium with 2 greeks Myrtle and a male, dry grassland pellets for food and a deep water bowl that they had to climb up and over to get into. Bark for substrate. Makes me angry, but she in a better place now. LOL I asked how old she was and the employee said 3 mths both my hubby and I burst out laughing and said no way. Will make appointment for vet tomorrow and get a fecal done.
Well here is Myrtle...
DSCN1124_zps35c6a247.jpg

DSCN1125_zps9f8af0a1.jpg

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj541/sueb4653/DSCN1126_zps715cc4f5.jpg
DSCN1126_zps715cc4f5.jpg

Rogue

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Centennial, CO
Congrats on finding the female you were looking for! She is beautiful, and I'm sure is in a better place now.

How long is she? She looks to be a couple of growth seasons younger than my Gaia, so possibly 5-8 yrs (just my guess).

jjuchems

5 Year Member
Looks great! I am trying to get all the females I can from PetsMart. I don't see them sticking around for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.