Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I notice that some people can do other things with their posts besides just the regular image that I get when I type my post. So I went to "help" and then to "mycode" And everything that you can do with Mycode is listed there, however it only tells you WHAT you can do, not HOW you do it.

Yvonne

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
yvonne, if you click one of the 'reply' buttons instead of replying at the bottom of a thread, the 'post reply' page will have all the text-editing options [colors, sizes, alignment, links, images, underline, bold, etc).
mycode can be used in lieu of the 'post reply' page... just use the bracket tags from the mycode help page in your post.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
josh said:
yvonne, if you click one of the 'reply' buttons instead of replying at the bottom of a thread, the 'post reply' page will have all the text-editing options [colors, sizes, alignment, links, images, underline, bold, etc).
mycode can be used in lieu of the 'post reply' page... just use the bracket tags from the mycode help page in your post.

Josh: The only thing here for me to use is the "disable Smiles" box to check and that is under post options. And then there is thread subscription, then attachments with browse. Then it goes to post reply. Maybe there is something on my user cp page that disables/enables the stuff I'm looking for??

Yvonne

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
you must have the text editor option turned off...
in your UserCP, go to edit options, then make sure you have clicked "Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages."... that should fix it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank you, Josh. I knew it had to be something like that. I'm 70 years old now, do you think by the time I reach 80 I'll be computer literate?

Yvonne

josh said:
you must have the text editor option turned off...
in your UserCP, go to edit options, then make sure you have clicked "Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages."... that should fix it.

Yup! That was it!! Thanks for your help, Josh!!!

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.