My vacation pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Well, I am back from vacation. Reid did a great job, everyone was good, though I think they missed my touch! Reid said he has a new appreciation for what I do everyday, since previously, the only one he helped me with was Nigel (feeding mostly! Its momma that gets her hands dirty!). He even said he wonders why I do it voluntarily! I thought that was cute, because I know of several who are "worse off" than I am! :D

So anyways, here are a few shots...mostly from the zoo. They didn't have much in the way of cold blooded residents, but I did the best I could! Enjoy! :D

My cousins...Katie and her son Colin, Kelsey, My mom, and Me, holding my goddaughter Korrin
megindianavacation2009186.jpg

Walking into "Africa" :)
megindianavacation2009007.jpg

megindianavacation2009061.jpg

Korrin, my goddaughter, and a spotted hyena
megindianavacation2009025.jpg

megindianavacation2009090.jpg

Kelsey, Korrin and I
megindianavacation2009115.jpg

Katie and Colin
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/Meg_cullen
/megindianavacation2009070.jpg

megindianavacation2009236.jpg

megindianavacation2009172.jpg

megindianavacation2009156.jpg

megindianavacation2009142.jpg

Black Breasted Leaf turtles
megindianavacation2009187.jpg

megindianavacation2009190.jpg

megindianavacation2009189.jpg

Aldabran Tortoises
megindianavacation2009280.jpg

megindianavacation2009261.jpg

megindianavacation2009264.jpg

Keeping cool!
megindianavacation2009265.jpg

This was by the pen:
megindianavacation2009274.jpg

It was roughly the same size, or a wee bit smaller than the big guy in the pictures!

At this point, it was only me, Korrin, and my camera (we got separated from the rest of the group).

So I took Korrin's picture with the tort.
megindianavacation2009271.jpg

And then tried to take a picture of myself with it! It was almost closing time, and people kept walking by and giving me looks! As I tried to take pictures with what was no doubt, there for kids! But I couldn't help myself!
megindianavacation2009278.jpg

FINALLY my mom, and aunt found us. And took a decent picture for me!
megindianavacation2009284.jpg

And here, is one final shot. Of me, and my charges! (I played babysitter most of my trip! It was a blast!)
megindianavacation2009289.jpg

Its good to be home!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome back Meg :D
I am glad you enjoyed your vacation :). Your pics are amazing, all the animals are beautiful. I love the Lion pic, he really looks like the king of the jungle :D. I also love the pic with the gorila, it is a beautiful animal, he or she looks so smart! The tortoise looks really comfortable in the mud :D too cute.
Thanks for sharing :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Hi Meg...your whole family looks just like each other. It's really obvious in the pictures, how neat it must be to look all alike...What Zoo was that? I think that big shiny tortoise was really familiar...anyhow, glad you're back...

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great pics! Glad you had fun!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Welcome back Meg, we missed you!! Thanks for the great pics!!! Especially the Africa ones.....awww man, I am so lucky to come from a beautiful country with all those animals :p The pics took me straight back home ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.