My Torty's Enclosure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

richellesworld

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gulf Coast - Texas
Ere are pic... I had a few members I quire about her house so I wanted to show y'all our efforts... This is our first little home to build. It's about 8 feet by 5 feet.

image-3316964298.png

image-3516365736.png

image-4069480153.png

image-3014802230.png

image-2734002713.png

image-3150593975.png

image-263073898.png

You can see we have a frame with double bird netting that goes on top for security...

JayMillz

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Wow that looks really nice. All that work looks like its worth it for sure!

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I love it. Where are you located and how do you keep it humid? Awesome enclosure!:)

Never mind I see you are in Texas. Does it get humid there? I am above you in Oklahoma.

richellesworld

5 Year Member
Gulf Coast - Texas
lovelyrosepetal said:
I love it. Where are you located and how do you keep it humid? Awesome enclosure!:)

I live in galveston, tx... Our humidity is great.

kathyth said:
I think you did a real nice job!
Good wirk!:)

Thanks buddy!

JayMillz said:
Wow that looks really nice. All that work looks like its worth it for sure!

Appreciate it....

richellesworld

5 Year Member
Gulf Coast - Texas
lovelyrosepetal said:

Never mind I see you are in Texas. Does it get humid there? I am above you in Oklahoma.

It's very humid outside... When winter comes I will need an indoor enclosure...

KTyne said:
That looks fantastic! I love the water feature/pool.. awsome. :D

I like the birdbath too...;)

kathyth said:
I think you did a real nice job!
Good wirk!:)

Ty Kathy! :)

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Modesto (Northern) California
I love this. I wish I'd have thought of something like that early on. Thors got the roam of the backyard with a couple blocked off spots (dog area & side of house, both of which have pea gravel :) ). If I tried to pen him up, he'd probably think he did something wrong. He's got 2 favorite spots. One for grazing, one for sleeping. And, of course, they're at opposite ends of the yard. Lol. But you did a great job here. It's a lil Tort Resort.

richellesworld

5 Year Member
Gulf Coast - Texas
LuckysGirl007 said:
I LOVE this! I just showed my husband and told him I wanted him to make me one!

It took a bit to figure out what and how we wanted things... Bought stuff from lowes. Torty seems to love it though! It's was pretty easy to assemble too. What took the longest was the bird netting around the frame... I had to staple it a bazillion times. Also, the wrapping of the twine for grip on the ramp was tiresome. Lol

ALDABRAMAN said:

Ty

mervyn said:
Very nice, looks like a Villa:)

Haha yea... I didn't think of that.. But you are right!

Yellow Turtle said:
Me too, I mostly like the pool :D

It wouldn't be a resort without a pool lol

jpmcclure said:
I love this. I wish I'd have thought of something like that early on. Thors got the roam of the backyard with a couple blocked off spots (dog area & side of house, both of which have pea gravel :) ). If I tried to pen him up, he'd probably think he did something wrong. He's got 2 favorite spots. One for grazing, one for sleeping. And, of course, they're at opposite ends of the yard. Lol. But you did a great job here. It's a lil Tort Resort.

Well ideally I would love to let Torty have the entire backyard... But I would lose Torty that way. Plus I a, afraid he would get attacked by ants or dogs... Who knows... Torty is just so small. Torty fits in my hand. Thanks for the compliments... Thinking about making a sign on the house saying Torty resorty lol

Status
Not open for further replies.