Renovating for an outdoor space

tortlover73

5 Year Member
Ok so my Cooper is 2 years old and about 5-6 inches long. I posted a pic of him the other day. I decided to convert the old dog run at my house into an outdoor space for Cooper. It's about 20 feet long and 5 feet wide. One side of the enclosure is my house. 2 sides are 6 foot privacy fence and the 4th I will remove the chain link gate and put a different fence type. I plan on digging up the whole space, planting tortoise friendly plants and grasses etc. it has a dog door into our heated garage. So I know they dig and I'm planning to dig along the fences and sink something 12-18 inches down along the fences.... suggestions ??? In our heated garage I can section off a part for him and even put an insulated house in there for him for our Denver winters. The nice thing about Denver is it might dump snow but the next day the sun is out the sky is blue and the snow is melting. We don't have the humid cold winters here. Anyways, need advice on how to secure the perimeter. The nice thing is he can have access to my whole yard once my HOA approves the final side yard fence. But for now the 20 x 5 foot area is good since he isn't super huge yet. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!