My tortoises' outdoor area (pic heavy)

Durhamstyle

Shaded "safe" pen during storms.
The burrows in the yard .
He has fresh veggies available ( pesticide /herbicide free)
Goliath with our temporary tortoise, Tilly.
And a shot of the shades areas for them to roam (fenced in, mostly) .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 217
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 206

Durhamstyle

That is a nice area. Did you dig that Burrow or did Goliaths? How big is Goliath?

He dug it all by himself. He digs them often, which I hope others that have little sulcatas are prepared for in the future lol
He attempts to dig thru the walls in the garage now that he has learned to climb the steps ( ugh)
He is about 80lbs. I haven't measured him in years. Guess I should.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
My friends visited a museum in New York City behind the scenes, they knew somebody who work there. And there were two Sulcata tortoises that, for some reason, were living there. They accidentally got locked in a room so they bashed their way through the wall to get where they wanted to go. I'm not sure I would keep Siulcata it in a museum :)

Durhamstyle

Haha that's weird and funny.
Yeah when we first got him we lived in a split level house. Goliath was in "the dungeon" as we called the bottom level. His stink would permeate the air upstairs . Eventually, I kicked him into the garage permanently for winter (in an enclosure , of course).

I'll need to place this little tortoise somewhere nice before winter , I hope. I really don't want to house them together in the winter. Goliath keeps mounting Tilly ,which seriously freaks her out.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
You have a very nice size yard. I'm so envy...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You didn't list but do you have a water source? a mud wallow?

I just gave my two biggest boyz an enlarge enclosure and though they never dug before, the one decided he needs to make himself a burrow. :rolleyes:Reminds me of your picture. :)

Durhamstyle

You didn't list but do you have a water source? a mud wallow?

I just gave my two biggest boyz an enlarge enclosure and though they never dug before, the one decided he needs to make himself a burrow. :rolleyes:Reminds me of your picture. :)
I have no water source except the tortoise drinks from the dogs water bowl. I soak him in a pool when it has been hot or he looks dryer than normal. I am having trouble keeping him in the pool lately. He has really become quite the climber.
I will be making a cement pond soon, for soaking when he chooses. Just working out concerns about filtering the pond/ dogs drinking it.

This is him this week -

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 53

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Do you have something to keep him form digging under the fence? He's really cute :D

Durhamstyle

No, unfortunately I have to keep checking to make sure the tunnel doesn't extend past any fences. Otherwise, I fill it or block it with a cinder block. He has two burrows that he uses right now.