My tortoise new setup

TheTOAD

This is my sulcata's new setup. Its repti-bark and sphagnum moss. Heat is in the 80s humidity is 65-70. Please dont comment about the dragon hes lived with her for about 2 years and its gonna be a few more days til i can get his setup squared away.

1421339481139.jpg 1421339528267.jpg 1421339541317.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I like what you're doing there...a bit small for that size sulcata, but you're headed in the right direction.

If the light clamped on the right side of the aquarium is your MVB, they tell you in the instructions on the box not to mount them at an angle as it shortens the life of the bulb. It needs to be hanging straight down. Also, the screen filters out quite a bit of the beneficial UV rays, so you need to cut a hole for the UV light and hang it straight down.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
I would hold off on the humidity until the dragon is removed. The high humidity is not good for the dragon.

TheTOAD

You uvb light is the long black thing on the left, i have 2 bulbs in it. The multi purpose one is the smaller one and the one at the angle is heat. I turned off the fogger for now. Debating on going to pet store now to get everything for dragon.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I'd get him out there (or try too) today, as well :)
It's very nice! I like you mist system.
Try sinking the water dish in a bit, so it's easier to climb in and out. :D

TheTOAD

Ok i got the dragon his own setup now the next project is getting this little russian i just got his own setup. I moved the whole thing down stairs into living room. Petco gave me a 50% off coupon so i used it a bit hastily. My sulcata seems to have a but of attitude towards the new guy but was perfectly fine with the dragon. Its gonna be about 2 weeks before next check but my question is do you think they will be ok for a little bit of time? Russian i believe is male where my sulcata is female but the Russian is to young to "try anything".

Attachments

• 1421355051908.jpg
    1421355051908.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 26

TheTOAD

The attitude is gone for the most part now, they are burrowed next to eachother.