IMGP3278.jpg

IMGP3279.jpg

IMGP3280.jpg

IMGP3282.jpg

IMGP3283.jpg

IMGP3284.jpg

samstar

5 Year Member
Maybe I should add the enclosure is 4 x 2 x 2ft, light is on for 8-10 hous everyday and I do spot cleaning everyday, full enclosure cleaning once every 2 weeks. On some days I let them graze in my garden for about 30-45 minutes so on those days I leave the lights on for maybe a couple of hours.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Wow, that is pretty and so clean! Nice decorating! :D

Do they not like to dig? I am just wondering why you don't have a part of your enclosure filled with substate they can dig into and where you could bury their dishes down some so they don't have to climb up and over...:p

Your tortoises have such beautiful markings *sigh*. I wish I could have one. :rolleyes:

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
very attractive table! tortoises are kinda nice too......:D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ahhh I would LOVE a star! Some day...
Your stars are gorgeous! And their enclosure is so tidy! My Russian is such a bulldozer- tracks hay everywhere and rearranges his furniture :p

samstar

5 Year Member
I shy away from substrate becuase it attracts bugs, mites etc etc so if they want to take cover, they have their huts for that. I try to keep it as clean as possible, do spot cleaning sometimes 2-3 times a day. Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm glad you'll like it. Mission accomplished.

Homerist

10 Year Member!
Stephanie Logan said:

Do they not like to dig? I am just wondering why you don't have a part of your enclosure filled with substate they can dig into and where you could bury their dishes down some so they don't have to climb up and over...:p

Your tortoises have such beautiful markings *sigh*. I wish I could have one. :rolleyes:

if i didn't remember wrongly, stars don't burrow. and don't hibernate. =)

samstar

5 Year Member
Homerist said:
Stephanie Logan said:

if i didn't remember wrongly, stars don't burrow. and don't hibernate. =)

They do burrow at times but it's not a must that they have to burrow.

samstar

5 Year Member
TortoisesRock! said:
cute tortoises! and a very nice enclosure.

Tnaks, hope all goes well. At this point the male seems a little afraid from the female, he always goes into his shell when she goes near him. At night when they sleep I put them together in the hut so to help him get used to her sooner.

Lori J

5 Year Member
New York
I don't know if I would like that carpet stuff. I have a russian...so digging is a must. But maybe carpet in half and substrate in the other? NNNAAAA..it would still get tracked all over. Im gonna stick with what I have. But it is attracitve the way you have it. And your torts are georgous.

samstar

5 Year Member
I totally understand where you'll are comming from but with substrate it will be difficult to pick out their poop only because the poop will camouflage well into the substrate hence attracting parasites, bugs and god knows what. However I wouldn't mind a little hay in their hut. Lets see.

CoryCrandall

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
It looks like in a couple pictures that your tort table follows the same concept as the Ikea Bookshelf Table, but this is deeper than any bookshelf I've seen. Would you mind sharing where found a shelving unit that deep?

Jessica

5 Year Member
It's really clean, but does it stay clean? Tortoises can be REALLY messy and poop all over the nice mat :D

samstar

5 Year Member
CoryCrandall said:
It looks like in a couple pictures that your tort table follows the same concept as the Ikea Bookshelf Table, but this is deeper than any bookshelf I've seen. Would you mind sharing where found a shelving unit that deep?
IKEA
Jessica said:
It's really clean, but does it stay clean? Tortoises can be REALLY messy and poop all over the nice mat :D
Yes my house keeper and I do spot cleaning 2-3 times a day. Also do a full cleaning once in 2 weeks.

Lori J

5 Year Member
New York
Housekeeper? Good for you! Well I guess as long as things are clean all is good. But I still think it would be a bit happier if it could burrow and dig. Just a thought...

Gus

5 Year Member
Hi I would like to know your light is on for 8-10 hous everyday so is it during night time untill morning?

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I support your carpet, i use it to, but it is covered with a very large flat stone, newspaper on one side and eco earth on the other.. my camera is down so i cant take a pic.. but for the person that thought about half and half, a large flat stone is a great divider....
Here is a pic from my camera phone, so you can see....
IMG00231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.