My rt loooves his squash!

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Castleton, VT
After our first vet visit the vet gave me tons of new ideas for Randy's meals. His previous owner said he loooves squash.. Well that is quite an understatement! He has been such a piggy! And it is just too cute to watch him eat now that his beak is trimmed down. Couldn't help but post pics! ImageUploadedByTortForum1386306551.851104.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1386306572.991575.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1386306586.950703.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1386306533.580421.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1386306533.580421.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Haha, he loves to eat it and wear it:D. Glad all went well at the vets and you are enjoying your new handsome friend.

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
Thanks! I love this guy so much he's become a big part of my life. When I shop I look look for food he likes/ are good for him. I'm constantly rearranging his tortoise table and my boyfriend gives me a hard time when I wipe his face after he eats. With no kids my little tort gets a lot of attention!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Squash is not a good food to feed frequently. A little bit once in a while is okay, but the vast majority of the diet should be fibrous weeds and leaves.

What else did your vet tell you to feed him?

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
He has a pretty mixed diet I try not to bore him with same foods and to give him foods with different nutritional values I've been keeping a journal with a list of appropriate foods and bring it shopping with me. He mainly gets squash as a treat because he loves it so much. The vet looked over my list and his only recommendation was winter squash here and there and adding vit d just to help him through the winter.

P.s the pics were from a video so not days worth of the same foods just one day

Which also happened to be thanksgiving lol