My Redfoot observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

methos75

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
After having my Redfoots a few weeks now, they have settled down and started to show their own little goofy personality quirks. For example I usually get out of bed at 0630 and turn on their basking lights so that they can warm up and then go back to bed till 0800, the little goofs stay in their hide the whole time but as soon at I get up at 0800 the larger male comes running out of the hide and over to their food bowl and waits till I throw food in. The Female doesn't budge and I have to take her out of the hide and place her in front of the bowl to eat, where she then goes through a five minute ritual of yawing before eating.

After that the Male goes back into the Hide and stays there almost all day until around five in the afternoon everyday without fail, when he comes out to sun himself underneath the basking light on some rocks and stones I placed under it. The Female as soon as done eating goes and soaks in the water pool for about three hours and then goes over to the hide and using some vines I placed over it, climbs on top of eat and states at the Breaded Dragon in the tank next to theirs for a bit. When she is done, see uses a artificial Bush also next to the hide to clamber down back into the hide where she sleeps until around seven.

At about 8 both move back to their food bowl and start begging for food and scratching at the glass to get my attention, they eat their greens and chase each other a bit and then back to the hide for night. What excitement LOL.

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Traverse City, MI
Sound very cute. I just got my two redfoots yesterday. I'm looking forward to when they feel settled in enough to show their true personalities.
How old are yours? Mine are 5 1/2 months and 7 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.