654.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Oudoor eclosure New addition 001.JPG
    Oudoor eclosure New addition 001.JPG
    649.3 KB · Views: 110

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Nice! It's funny how my yard has become less and less a yard and more and more turtle/tortoise areas! :)

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Galveston TX
So big! Maybe some more hiding/water areas?
Well the photo does not do it justice ( over year old)
Since then I have added a 150 gal deck box with doggie cutout as a house .
Also buried a 32 gallon HD plastic tote with pump under ground
On top of this is a 5 ft. kiddie pool with cut out for entry that is full of river rock for easy traction .
In pool sets a tiered bird bath that overflows creating a waterfall into a 18" x 1 1/2" pan which overflows & fill bottom buried tote up providing them with fresh running water daily . the pump has a biological filter box which helps good bacteria grow to eat up the waste created by the tortoises
Depending on wind conditions I have to fill the water once a week with garden hose to keep pump circulating .
Already planning to add 2 more 12 ft. panels to increase size from 21'x18' to 33' x 18' .
I Love my torts & am always thinking of ways to provide them with the best living conditions I can provide .
Also with running drinking water (no more mosquitos) to deal with from standing stagnant water .
Have 3 pairs of redfoots & 1 pair of Burmese mountain Tortoises living in this enclosure without any issues.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
That looks great. I wish I had more space to do something like that with a gate around the whole garden. Very nice.

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Galveston TX
Heres a photo of the waterfallwaterfall 2014.JPG
Well the photo does not do it justice ( over year old)
Since then I have added a 150 gal deck box with doggie cutout as a house .
Also buried a 32 gallon HD plastic tote with pump under ground
On top of this is a 5 ft. kiddie pool with cut out for entry that is full of river rock for easy traction .
In pool sets a tiered bird bath that overflows creating a waterfall into a 18" x 1 1/2" pan which overflows & fill bottom buried tote up providing them with fresh running water daily . the pump has a biological filter box which helps good bacteria grow to eat up the waste created by the tortoises
Depending on wind conditions I have to fill the water once a week with garden hose to keep pump circulating .
Already planning to add 2 more 12 ft. panels to increase size from 21'x18' to 33' x 18' .
I Love my torts & am always thinking of ways to provide them with the best living conditions I can provide .
Also with running drinking water (no more mosquitos) to deal with from standing stagnant water .
Have 3 pairs of redfoots & 1 pair of Burmese mountain Tortoises living in this enclosure without any issues.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Very nice! It seems like the enclosures are always growing, sometimes I think it would be easier if I would just fenced off where I don't want Tortoise :)