My Ode to Yvonne enclosure :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Last summer I started an enclosure, which I call my "Ode to Yvonne" enclosure. :) Would you like to come in for a sneak preview? It's only a preview because I still have a lot of work to do on it. :)

Come on and follow me around to where you can see things a bit better.

This is what I started with. At this point you can see I have my main posts cemented in, but not painted yet.

Here is a long range view. I spent all summer trying different things and changing a few. By the time I decided I wanted to go with an old kennel for the hide, the stores in this area no longer had their seasonal dirt in stock. :( So this was as far with covering it as I could get until later this spring. I already had a cat who moved into it last fall and thought it was the cat's meow. :p

This fall I planted some of the plants that will be in here. Things like althea (rose of Sharon), grape vine, various daylilies, succulents, mallow, blanket flowers, coneflowers, and many more. IT looks a lot better currently, even though the plants are not growing then it did in the above bare picture.

I spent a lot of time experimenting with the look I wanted for my walls. This is where I painted them and then painted them again. :rolleyes:.

The finished look came out like this:

I still have a lot of work to do such as I am going to add another panel at the bottom and I then have the wire walls to put up. I have some of Yvonne's cactus (which are over wintering inside) to be put out and a few other decorative touches to do.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
that's really nice so far and looks like the torts will have a lot of space! is it going to be multi enclosure or just one big one for a herd?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw-w-w-w! Now every time you go out there you'll think of me! I love it. And I like the scene-scape on the boards.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am loving it. I love the scene on the boards too. You have quite the projects to get back to when spring comes around. Who is this enclosure for?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
You know what. My wife and I are coming to see it. You can put us to work. No problem.

This is too go to be missed.

We are coming! ! ! ! ! !

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
That's a beautiful enclosure! What lucky species will get to live in there?
Great tour :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Aw-w-w-w! Now every time you go out there you'll think of me! I love it. And I like the scene-scape on the boards.

Thank you! I figured I was the only one who could figure out what they were (suppose to be sunset). (none of my family has noticed or atleast said anything). I did some of them over a couple of times. I think once I put the added board under it and have it painted the brown, it will look better.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

I think of you even without the enclosure, even inside the house (especially when I go by my cactus which I have not killed all of yet :) ). The folks in here are often on my mind.

puffy137

Thank you for the tour Jacqui. Lucky tortoise too . You have great artistic taste .:D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thank you for the tour Jacqui. Lucky tortoise too . You have great artistic taste .:D

Thank you. I wish I were artistic in ability. lol You should see all my redoes I am doing in the leopard area with my "artwork" lol

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I bet it looks great!