My New Red Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
Adopted a Red Foot this week. I have always had Sulcatas and didn't think I would find another species that could win me over... I was WRONG!! Why didn't someone tell me sooner how interactive and funny they are. What a great personality!!

image-2175705321.png

image-1261228955.png

image-3434107056.png

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. Nice looking tort. BTW, they have been saying on here all along, you haven't been listening:p:D

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I must say they are great. I am fostering one right. Now. He is so cute, funnny, smart, sociable. He is curious, comes when you call him loves to climb. And is up for adoption.

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
@Wellington-- Touché , you are right. Lol I am having so much fun with him!
@Mainey34-- I heard about your Red Foot and I am currently trying to rehome him with a firefighter on my husband's crew. I already placed Lucy and Charlie (now named Olaf & Belle) with his Chief. I have offered to foster the red foot till Spring when other states warm up but really think he should go to a southern state along the ocean to meet his high humidity/temp needs.

tickle

5 Year Member
What a looker!love the red foots.has a little pyramding good that u catch it now and change his diet.no treats that aren't in a propper red foots diet these treats only harm torts in the long run they are no good for them and not needed at all the only one who feels good from it is the owner but the tort could care less.gl

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
There are two online for adoption on CL, hatchlings. He wants 150 for the pair. I offered 100 and he won't budge. Now you have me reconsidering it...

tickle

5 Year Member
If u pay its not adoption just a way around a stupid law stared from red ear sliders.the water they livein eat and loop gets infected with salminella if not cleaned.so kids kept touching turtle thenmouth.the 4 inch rule isdumb also a 4 red ear can produce twice the amount of salminella wich is measly cleared by keeping clean filtered water feeding turtle on land not water and removing any un eaten foods also wash hands b4 and after touching.I have never heard s tortoise spreading salminella I guess guilt by association. Saying its a scientific purpose or adoption lets u sell them u der 4 inches.I don't even sell my Easterner in Jersey or do the adoption for money laws to crazy in Jersey ihave seen all pets get taken away.if I adopt it is completely free.I will have a couple inspiring for adoption no shipping the moms a deep red Easter 29 years old and the father is a bright yellow of the same age they make beautufull babies.I will have 5 to 8 hatchlings for adoption but I will need to meet u see pics ofhousing lighting and experience with boxies first I do not adopt blindly to anyone.

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Jtrux... I would get them myself.. I am having so much fun with this one that I have offered the Red Foot in Phoenix to foster with me. He loves to have his head rubbed, he wiggles his butt when you scratch his carapace. He is so curious, and fearless. He is 7in and he doesn't pull into his shell when we walk by and he holds his ground when my big 25# Sullies push by during "group big-pen time" He is climbing everything... I have sat for hours watching him outside. I would love to get more so def go for it Jtrux. My observations aren't unique, I have read other RefFoot owners say the same :) So go adopt them!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Group pen times? Mixed species, plus one you just got??? :(

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Jacqui "group pen time" is in a pen 220ft by 75ft (full of plants, trees, bushes, my garden, rock piles, torty houses and god knows what i have to make it my tropical oasis)for all my Sulcatas to get more roaming room/experiences 4-6hrs a day. Even with 2 big Sullies and my 2 juveniles there is rare interaction between them. During pen time the other day when it hit 80 here I took my RedFoot out to the pen and sat with him on the grass in a corner when my curious big sully came by to see what I had. There is no way I would let a 6in 2lb tort be in the same pen as my big guys no matter the species without me being there sitting next to them. My Sully was curious.. No harm done. He hasn't been with them in the same pen since. So it is ok--everything is not as dire as it appears at first glance.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Nice RF ya got there ........" REDFOOTS RULE" :p

JD~:)

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Kathyth & JD thank you I am adoring this species. @JD I went to your website and WOW!! Your redfoots and Leopards are amazing and gorgeous. I can't wait for you to have more hatchlings as I would love to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.