My new Radiata!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dae

5 Year Member
Hiya All,

I am a member of shelled warriors and have seen that egyptiandan and Stells are on here (Dan has been fantastic at helping me sex them all!!!)so I thought I would join in as it seems there is a little radiated community over here- which is cool as my new radiated family arrives in May. I am excited beyond belief!!!!

This is one of them, cb04 and about 15cms

IMG_3065_2.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

Well I'm looking forward to talking radiated with you all. I've been preparing for my new arrivals for ages now and just can't get enough info!!!

Thanks,

Dae

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
nice, i always loved these guys, i'm a member of shelledwarriors too, have not been on in a long time though

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum Dae :) I was glad to help :D

Danny

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
Great looking radiata! Perfect shell.

Are you in the US or the UK?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wait til Norman see these! :D What beautiful shell pictures. Welcome to the family.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dae:

How exciting for you. The Radiata is a beautiful tortoise!

1155409s6edi73f7r.gif
to the forum!!

dae

5 Year Member
Hey thanks all (Hi Danny!!!!),

I live in the UK and my new arrivals are from a breeder in Europe that I know as I've bought from him before. His torts are all smooth, he feeds his radiated on a combo of grasses, weeds etc and doesn't feed them fruits but when I collect them in May he's going to take me through it so I'll be able to provide more info then. He also keep the larger ones in a large greenhouse and doesn't monitor temp or humidity as such, he just gets fantastic results from it, he showers them each night too, he's been breeding them for years so I can't wait to find out all his secrets.

I also have 16 adult horsefields and am hoping for my first hatclings maybe next year.

Dae x

Project Reef said:
Super nice! Can't wait until mine grows that big!

What's the diet been like?

How many do you have and old/big are they?

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome Dae!

And Jacqui already spoke for me! hahahaha Very nice radiata......I am a radiata freak!

Nice to have you on here and don't forget to comment on the radiata threads

dae

5 Year Member
Ha ha you must be Norman then!!! I think I'm fast becomming a radiata freak also and I don't even have them yet! They are just so special. Is it 2 yearlings you have?

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
dae said:
Ha ha you must be Norman then!!! I think I'm fast becomming a radiata freak also and I don't even have them yet! They are just so special. Is it 2 yearlings you have?

I have a few....:p

I like how thick those radials are.....I think I prefer a few thick radials over a whole bunch of thin radials...though both are stunning!

dae

5 Year Member
gummybearpoop said:
dae said:

I have a few....:p

I like how thick those radials are.....I think I prefer a few thick radials over a whole bunch of thin radials...though both are stunning!

I think I prefer the thicker ones too but I have bought a mixture of torts from different blood lines and so I have some thin ones too so I'll be able to have a nice mixture when and if they ever breed when I'm like 60!!!!!

dae

5 Year Member
TortieLuver said:
WOW! A REAL BEAUTY! WHERE DID YOU SAY YOU PURCHASED FROM?

Hiya, just from Europe as I live in the UK so we can either travel over to collect or we can have them brought by the breeders to the Hamm reptile expo.

There are lots of breeders in Europe and they are about half the price we would pay from a dealer here in the UK. The breeder I am using his quality is way better too than anything you get in the UK as his reputation depend on it. I only actually know of one shop that sells them here but would always want to buy a tort like this (and this expensive) direct from the source so you can be a little more sure of what you are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.