my new outside enclosure for the box turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

kires mom

5 Year Member
My Dad and I built this new enclosure a few weeks back. It is escape proof (knock on wood), has hardware cloth tops that have padlocking capabilities. I finally feel secure enough to leave them outside 24 hours a day. I know they are enjoying life now. Even found a few broken eggs so they feel comfortable enough to nest20110530114038.jpg259240_1860236863756_1175966654_31786041_3227681_o.jpg. They often do this inside, but my younger ornate loves to eat them, so they never last long. I love that I can lock the tops, not only because of predators, but also I worry that the kids in my neighborhood would find it "fun" to take them.

Not sure why my pics are in the middle of the text. Oops, I'm new to this forum and am slowly learning.

Last edited by a moderator:

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I love when boxies are outside. They always look so happy. That's a great enclosure you made, and when those hosta's grow.....and they will....you will find they boxies always sitting under them. Sometimes my turtles don't even go in their cave at night. They just sit under the hosta's.

Status
Not open for further replies.