My new little guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arby2774

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Berkshires of Massachusetts
My little sulcata arrived today! Much smaller than I expected! I am presuming that it is male because of the longish tail, it is too hard to judge the rear scutes. So far he hasn't begun eating anything. He was only in transit overnight so I am hoping that he will recover from that stress soon.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Congrats, Give It A Warm Soak and Get some store bought spring mix

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
How old is he? How much does he weigh? Good heavens, where are the pics?

arby2774

5 Year Member
I got him from a herp supply online. I think he is about 17-20 weeks old, young enough that his plastron still has give to it. He has bright eyes but I haven't seen him eat or move around. I know he does move because he has gone back and fourth between the basking area and the hay pile in the "sleeping" area. The supply place said they feed their torts a "tortoise diet" pellet food and sent some along with him. Do you think maybe he doesn't yet recognize the greens as food yet?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Congrat's! He should be able to recognize greens I think. My Cooper thinks almost everything is something to eat. He bumps his nose on everything to check. My wife has a throw on the bed and everytime he sees it he bumps it and tries to get a bite. He cracks me up! Have a good day!

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
Tom said:
How old is he? How much does he weigh? Good heavens, where are the pics?

LOL :p we are all thinking the same thing!

You can mix the greens with the softened Tort food until he realizes it is all food :) He probably just needs to settle in :)

arby2774

5 Year Member
Update: Tanner has definitely got that hearty sully appetite! He is eating (and eliminating) nicely and has treated himself to a couple of soaks. Roger won't self-soak but I am glad Tanner will. Gotta figure out how to post pics with my iPod...

Hauntmom

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Can't wait to see him! I love the name Tanner. (that's my husband's name) lol He sounds so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.