My New Greeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR.
They are so cute. The male is a bit shy... We call him Russell... and the female is Goldie (after Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell)...

Russell did not like the camera. He'll get use to it *_^
AtCXMPRCIAABE-F.jpg

Goldie chomping down...
AtCW2uRCAAAAmJs.jpg

ShervyBaby

5 Year Member
Maryland/DC
Hey can you post some more pics of them in their enclosure? Is that cypress mulch your using(thats what i use) and what are the ages of these greeks? Thanks

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Sure... oops.. as I sit here I realized you wanted enclosure as well. I'm sorry. I'm use to taking up close shots or them eating. But here are two of them, i'll get more... & the Substrate I use is "Zoo Med Eco Earth Compressed Coconut Fiber Expandable Substrate"... My Tortoises & I swear by it,,, some of my buddies use Cypress 40% & Coir 60%. You then just moisten it to your preference or if it needs more humidity in there. It's great for growing things in, or if you get a plant; just plant it on it :)... As far as age, I never got it :-( But the Gender markers are all there. So they are old enough for puberty I guess? * shrug* I really wish I knew more about their background, oh well. I love them, they are prettyful & great shells and personalty ... & they measure 5inches in length...

attachment.php

attachment.php

"Oh boy... My 1st day here & my new bringer of food goodness; brought me out this mammoth hibiscus... I'm so loved..." ~Goldie

Goldie_1.jpg

Goldie_2.jpg

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
They look great! Are they from Outback Reptiles?

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
You are correct... ^_* they are resting; poor things. It must have been a long day for them...

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Nice pickups!!! Josh from Outback reptiles is a good guy to deal with. I got a group of greeks from him around this time last year.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Everyone is getting greeks right now...Including myself. I bought my greek at Petsmart (Impulse buy) I totally regret buying from them. He was just so personable;but I wont make that mistake again. Did a big shipment of greeks just come into the US?

This is Benito
IMG_20120514_194957.jpg

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Tortuga_terrestre said:
Everyone is getting greeks right now...Including myself. I bought my greek at Petsmart (Impulse buy) I totally regret buying from them. He was just so personable;but I wont make that mistake again. Did a big shipment of greeks just come into the US?

This is Benito
IMG_20120514_194957.jpg

Nice lookin greek. And apparently so it was like this around this time last year. Although I havent seen any big ones for sale like they were last year.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Tortuga_terrestre said:

This is Benito

Nice lookin greek. And apparently so it was like this around this time last year. Although I havent seen any big ones for sale like they were last year.

A shipment came in, but Josh (Outback Reptiles) said no big ones came in in this shipment (which made me wonder if several shipments came in last year). Also, he said very few goldens came in.

The shipment came in from Jordan. I'm not sure what the status of this species is in Jordan. Everything I can find says they are protected in Jordan; one article said they have been protected since 2004. So are these exports illegal, or are they just "special" shipments allowed by someone with the right connections?

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.