My Leos

methos75

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
I don't think I've ever posted anything about my two Leo's Barb and Star before. My wife bought them for me two years ago at a local pet store that was pretty much giving them away due to lack of interest in them. I think she got both for $50. The bigger female, Barb, had RI at first that took a few months to completely cure her of and they both refused anything but fruit and lettuce for nearly 8 months because that's all they have been fed. Now though they chow down on mulberry leaves, dandelions, roses, you name it. They will eat 24/7 of allowed. Few pics of when I first got them and some today.The male has pyramiding that has fortunately seems to have stopped but the female for all the issues she had and how sgdceas cared for is remarkably smooth.6EF72C75-099D-4589-9AB9-132485D3AE4D.pngA6807F39-6E9A-4C69-8E9B-E11E4162C59F.pngED0E561B-90EE-4688-A859-42FE4488C6DF.png4F2A5ABE-1977-4E88-A1BF-1F2ABCE2DAF7.pngF291F405-8891-46E0-859A-38F044A49663.jpeg

zovick

10 Year Member!
I don't think I've ever posted anything about my two Leo's Barb and Star before. My wife bought them for me two years ago at a local pet store that was pretty much giving them away due to lack of interest in them. I think she got both for $50. The bigger female, Barb, had RI at first that took a few months to completely cure her of and they both refused anything but fruit and lettuce for nearly 8 months because that's all they have been fed. Now though they chow down on mulberry leaves, dandelions, roses, you name it. They will eat 24/7 of allowed. Few pics of when I first got them and some today.The male has pyramiding that has fortunately seems to have stopped but the female for all the issues she had and how sgdceas cared for is remarkably smooth.View attachment 359665View attachment 359666View attachment 359667View attachment 359668View attachment 359669
They look quite nice. Congrats on the good job raising them.

Be ready for a few posts telling you they should not be kept together due to dominance/bullying issues. You may need to separate them soon anyway to allow the female some peace from constant mating advances by the male.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They do look good, great buy. Glad you separated them. Are they confirmed sexes and not according to the pet store?
Are you housing them outside? They should be outside at least in summer for a few hours of the day.
That wooden box partially in the last pic, looks like one of those prefabbed ones that are no good and way too small for anything over a hatchling.
If they don't have lots of room to roam, and keep their insides moving and their legs working properly, they will end up like one I had to rescue and rehab.
Be sure to provide a very large enclosure for each.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Man, what a steal! Those are very nice-looking leopards!