My 2014 South African Leos

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Michael has generously granted me permission to use his thread here to mention that if any one wants South African leopard babies of their own, I should have a whole bunch of them hatching all through January and February of 2018. All from the same stock as Michael's tortoises on this thread.

Please message me in a "conversation" if you are interested, so we don't clutter Michael's thread. :)

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Yes for sure and that would suck;) Here is TiTi and Rosie. They hatched the same month (August 2014) and have been exposed to the same husbandry since then but have not lived in the same enclosure for about 2 years due to size disparities.

View attachment 224660
Good lord that's a beautiful male . I would speculate that if you actually had all 4 males that it wouldn't be unlikely for one to "take the back seat" on growth compared to the other males. I had that happen with my original group also. My female was in the middle growth wise while one male took almost a year to kick his growth into gear. My other confirmed female grew at the same rate as my other males. And from my holdbacks from last year that I produced myself it seems like the females are actually growing FASTER than the "possible" males. That would be interesting if it turns out that way long term.

But again........... TITI is flat out beautiful. Definitely the blondest PP I've seen to date. But of course the remaining growth could all come in dark and balance it out as an adult. Time shall tell