My Indian Star

Lomasoweb

5 Year Member
Since I posted some pics of my Burmese Stars I thought I would post a pic of my Indian Star so he doesn’t feel left out ?
This is Atlas, I purchased him as a hatchling, he is now four years old.

Attachments

• F85C5A82-55E4-4D85-A216-A08FBD86267A.jpeg
    F85C5A82-55E4-4D85-A216-A08FBD86267A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • 61352656-F955-4DE5-8583-3CAE34EE20DF.jpeg
    61352656-F955-4DE5-8583-3CAE34EE20DF.jpeg
    595.8 KB · Views: 46

Aaru.

Location (City and/or State)
UDAIPUR
Since I posted some pics of my Burmese Stars I thought I would post a pic of my Indian Star so he doesn’t feel left out ?
This is Atlas, I purchased him as a hatchling, he is now four years old.
Oh my he's really cute. I recently got an Indian star too but I'm new to this since it's only been a week for me. My star's name is Aaru. Can you tell me what do you give Atlas to eat??

Lomasoweb

5 Year Member
Oh my he's really cute. I recently got an Indian star too but I'm new to this since it's only been a week for me. My star's name is Aaru. Can you tell me what do you give Atlas to eat??
I love the name you chose, Aaru,does it have a special meaning?

Atlas is mainly fed a weed/grass/leaf based diet. Currently he is eating lots of Mulberry and Hibiscus leaves, clover, chicory, plantain and grasses. He also loves Opuntia cactus pads.

In the winter time when weeds and such are harder to come by, I do supplement with Mazuri tortoise diet. I add in various dried weeds and flowers though that I order online from Mountain Rose Herbs. All my tortoises seem to really enjoy it.

Aaru.

UDAIPUR
I love the name you chose, Aaru,does it have a special meaning?

Atlas is mainly fed a weed/grass/leaf based diet. Currently he is eating lots of Mulberry and Hibiscus leaves, clover, chicory, plantain and grasses. He also loves Opuntia cactus pads.

In the winter time when weeds and such are harder to come by, I do supplement with Mazuri tortoise diet. I add in various dried weeds and flowers though that I order online from Mountain Rose Herbs. All my tortoises seem to really enjoy it.
Thank you. It means 'peaceful' although we just chose it because my dad liked the name.

Ohh that's really helpful. I'll be sure to try the mazuri tortoise diet and some dried weeds and flowers but I'll have to see what's easily available in my region

Lomasoweb

5 Year Member
Thank you. It means 'peaceful' although we just chose it because my dad liked the name.

Ohh that's really helpful. I'll be sure to try the mazuri tortoise diet and some dried weeds and flowers but I'll have to see what's easily available in my region

This is a great website for helping to identify what weeds are safe to feed.

Also this forum has a great section on what to feed as well.

Aaru.

UDAIPUR
This is a great website for helping to identify what weeds are safe to feed.

Also this forum has a great section on what to feed as well.

Thank you this will really help me.