My Ibera bites

Status
Not open for further replies.

B K

5 Year Member
My Ibera bites me when ever I come into the Herp room he spots me and comes running and trys to bite me. He will follow my wife around when she is in there and sit by her but bites me. I do hand feed him all the time can they learn to recognize me for that.But my wife is the one who feeds him daily.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
I hear ya! I spent $1,000 on a Blue and Gold Mccaw and who does she love? My youngest son! I am the one that handfed her, and takes care of all her needs. She tries to feed him, and if he is in the room she will bite me. If he is not around than everything is fine. Go figure!

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
I think it's the handfeeding. If you're always handfeeding then the connection between your hand and stuff he can eat is too strong for him to resist nipping just to check and make sure you're not edible too. Try spending a bit more time with him without handfeeding.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Torty Mom said:
I hear ya! I spent $1,000 on a Blue and Gold Mccaw and who does she love? My youngest son! I am the one that handfed her, and takes care of all her needs. She tries to feed him, and if he is in the room she will bite me. If he is not around than everything is fine. Go figure!

Used to have a double-yellowhead Amazon who was very much a "one-person" bird.

TLL

5 Year Member
Southern Calif.
i think its the handfeeding..
i don't really recommend it
my iberas would never bite.. theyre mouths are shut all the time except when they are eating.

B K

5 Year Member
Yes I think that is the problem. Going to stop hand feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.